Monday 8 March 2010

My Favorite Lipsticks Right Now


I have never been a big fan of lipstick, i always preferred glosses hands down as i found lipsticks seemed to dry out my lips and as a dry lip sufferer this was not good for me. Ever since joining the beauty community online i discovered a new love for lippies. Seeing all these amazing lipsticks everyone was raving about i had to start trying them out (especially MAC).

Here are my favorites at the moment:
First up...


My MAC Gaga Viva Glam lipstick, the colour is so pretty! Lustre's are my favorite from M.A.C as they make my lips feel moisturised and leave a glossier finish. I usually only put a few quick swipes on, just to leave a subtle pink as when it's applied with a full coverage it can be very vibrant! The blue undertones really set it off. Honestly, if it didn't have Gaga written on it i probably wouldn't have touched it as i never would have thought the colour would suit me, but i'm so glad i did! It just shows :)

RRP: £12.50

Second...


Another M.A.C Lustre in 'Pretty Please'. This is my most recent purchase. After spending ages in Selfridges with my friend Sara, swatching our hands until they were covered i decided on this beauty. It has purple undertones with gold shimmer. A more nude pink, i think it really suits my colouring. Love it!

RRP: £12.50

Last up...

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in 'Pink Pearl' is so pretty, i really love this pink. It really does have a lovely pearl effect to it. A tad more drying than the other two, but with a bit of Vaseline underneath it looks fab.

RRP: £6.99

I would love to see your fav lipsticks, let me know if you have or do a post :)

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. great post imogen.I may do this post next!!

    wouldnt normally do this but just started my blog out so please check it out,i only have 1 follower!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. when does the lady gaga collection come out in the UK? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful, you look great in baby pink lipsticks! Lady Gaga is my favorite on you out of the three! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look good, but i am more of a lip gloss fan too!

    check me out some time.
    cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are three beautiful colors, I just ordered the Lady Gaga one and I can't wait to get it! Your swatches were the first I've seen.
    P.S : I received the Urban Decay Pallet I purchased from you, so thank you so much!
    Oh and, I was tagged for the Sunshine Blog Tag Award and I tagged you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you love Viva Glam Gaga shade of MAC lipstick, you might like the MAC shade called Snob. It's pretty close, and it'll be an easy one to get, once the beloved Gaga shade is no longer available. I do have both, and they're very similar...Snob may have just a little more of a blue undertone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks either but I love the Gaga lipstick so much! It's gorgeous. I knew I had to have it when you first blogged about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These lip colours r gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaga looks gorgeous, I cant wait to get it!! Love the look of Pretty Please, may have to invest in that too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. they all look gorgeous! Gaga looks amazing and pretty please! I really need to get some mac lippies, i have everything else! :) gorgeous colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh i just got the gaga lipstick and i love it! i have the maybelline one in pink plaza, you might like that one too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh how gorgeous!! I just ordered the MAC Viva Glam Lady Gaga lippie (and admittedly for the fact it is well Lady Gaga ;)
    I have the Maybelline one in a coral and it is just gorgeous, going to post about it soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love my viva glam gaga :)
    great lippies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasnt sure about Gaga before but now I have seen it on your lips Im going to have to have it!

    I did my top three lipgloss' a while ago and am planning to do my lipsticks soon.

    http://emmadazzle.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-top-3-lipgloss.html

    Emma x.x.x

    P.S i love my new foxlocks extentions. Im just waiting for my colourist to colour and style them for me. I will do a blog post on how amazing they after I get them to my strange hair colour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Gaga lippie looks outrageously pretty! It's my favorite out of all the colors you posted here. :) I have been really happy with my Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick; I definitely want to get more!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. so looking forward to gaga lisptick, it looks gorgeous on you!
    i thought the lipstick tube was autographed aswell though?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Kerry It is but not on both sides. I forgot to picture the signature side :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post as usual!!
    I used to be a lipgloss girl too, but in the past months I have really fallen in love with red lipsticks for special occasions..
    I've just written about it in my new blog, here's the link if you want to take a look: http://themakeuparmy.blogspot.com/2010/03/rouge.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all of them! All the colours suit you hun :) The GaGa is my fave and I cannot wait to grab one to add to my collection Monday fingers crossed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just joined your blog! I love the Gaga, I wore it today. Pretty please is also on my MAC wishlist and I really like MAC Snob. Great post!

    makeupaddict00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just added it and a few others onto my wishlist =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your taste in lippie colors!!! I believe the Pink Pearl is my fav among these three. It is so fab looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I was just a teenager my mom would ask my why don't I wear makeup. My response would always be, why do I need makeup? I am a fair skin blonde hair green eyed girl. Putting on makeup for me, was such a task. I didn't know the first thing about what my colors were. Oh, to make things more difficult for me my lips were full lips. For my face my lips were already noticeable. I would grab the most translucent colors I could find. Such as, your favorite colors to wear the pale pinks and shimmer pinks, with pressed powder compact foundation. About the only dark colors I would wear were my black eyeliner and brow pencil. so my eyes would stand out and overtake the attention. I would love to know what your choices of cosmetics were when you were a teenager.

    ReplyDelete