I had loads of blueberries to use up, I wasn't sure what to do with them - my first thought was Blueberry muffins but then I realised I only had a cake tin....so blueberry cake it was!
The recipe I used is super easy and takes hardly any time to prepare.
The results are amazing, moist, fluffy texture with a light vanilla and blueberry taste. I also topped it off with a Cinnamon Sugar dusting, gives it a festive taste for this time of year!
250g Castor sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tsp Baking Powder
300g Blueberries (mash with a fork)
350g Self-raising flour
150ml Semi-skimmed Milk
Prep: 10-15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Heat oven to 210'c, grease cake tin with butter.
2. In a bowl, beat Butter until creamy, beat in Castor sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in Eggs, one at a time. Finally mix in Vanilla essence and Baking powder.
3. Mix in mashed blueberries.
4. Fold in the flour and Semi-skimmed milk, pour into cake tin.
5. Bake for 30-45, or until golden brown and not gooey in the middle. Allow to cool before removing from the tray.
I left mine in a little longer on a high heat to get a slightly crispy edge, there is nothing nicer than a moist centre and crispy edge (in my opinion!).
Finish with a Cinnamon Sugar dusting. Simply mix ground Cinnamon and Castor sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle over.