Thursday 6 January 2011

Stunning Alice + Olivia Hollis Dress plus my new US address!

First up i want to apologise for neglecting my blog recently, Christmas and New Year were so busy i had no time to blog! 

I recently purchased a beautiful Alice + Olivia 'Hollis' Dress from Bluefly.com. I had been searching high and low for this dress but it appeared to be sold out everywhere, since celebs like Kourtney Kardashian had been seen wearing it...but I finally found it and it was in the sale! They had one size small left - I couldn't believe my luck, it was obviously meant to be....or so I thought...

After getting to the checkout I realised Bluefly don't ship to the UK! It seemed they shipped almost everywhere else other than the UK which was disappointing. I read their policy and they say that you can set up an account with a freight forwarding company and then place an order on their site. I was confused but intrigued, i did my research to find the cheapest company, that's when I came across Shipito.com. They offered no set up fees just a deposit for your first shipment. 


Basically if a US website doesn't ship to you, you can have it sent to your US address then forwarded to your home address. You pay $8.50 for each shipment that comes in + the shipping cost, they offer many different shipping costs. To have my dress shipped by USPS priority it cost $26 - which is pretty good for international shipping.

I was a little sceptical but i read some reviews and decided this was the best service...so i ordered my A+O dress, had it shipped to my USA address and within a few days it was in my box. Another great thing is that many US companies offer free shipping to US addresses so you don't have to pay twice most of the time. 

When it arrives at Shipito they email you (it also shows in your online account), they then weigh and measure it and give you the shipping quotes. After paying it gets sent - very simple!

Back to the dress....



This dress screams my name! It is so beautiful and quite unique. It retailed for $495 on the Alice+Olivia  website but i manged to pick it up for $261.60 in the sale here, which granted is still quite a lot but i think it's worth it - the craftsmanship around the shoulders is amazing and one-of-a-kind!

I am so happy with my purchase and i am even happier that now i can buy things from the US even if the website doesn't ship to the UK. Shipito also give you addresses in China, Hong Kong, Japan (coming soon) and other US destinations.
I highly recommend this service, click here to get your own  USA address.

Thanks for reading!
Photobucket


25 comments:

  1. Pretty dress! Glad you figured out a way to get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats such a gorgeous dress, i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!i love this dress...it's stunning! no wonder you were set on finding it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have to pay Customs tax for the forwarding?? I've been looking into doing forwarding so I can order from Sephora but the possible customs fees scare me a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing dress and amazing idea!! I hate it when I realise that the website will only ship to the US! I will definitely give this a go.

    As Livy said did you have to pay customs fees?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like the dress as much as i do <3
    Put it this way girls...you choose what value goes on the customs form ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Dress,think it will really suit you :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive heard about these websites before but never knew if they were reliable, thanks for the review! so worth it for that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ! Make sure to post some pictures when you wear it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is GORGEOUS! I would kill for that dress.
    xoxo

    if youd like to follow my blog:
    labellavitajz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my god this USA address thing will help me a lot better to get stuff over here from america! thank you thank you thank youuu :D by the way i love your dress! its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tip! I live in Brazil and I also have problems with international purchases. Most sites do not deliver here. And when they deliver, the import tax is very high (60% of the amount paid for the product). Sorry for the horrible English, kkk

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning dress doll! i love your blog & all your foxy locks products! as soon as the beehives back in stock i will be placing my order! xoxo

    follow me @ www.primpandgiggle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dress, just beautiful :D

    http://nzfashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautful dress

    My Blog:
    http://girlbehindmasquerade.blogspot.com/

    My Shop Blog:
    http://shopgirlbehindmasquerade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning dress!! You are so lucky to be able to get it!! And for half it's price too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful dress!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh beautiful dress hun, from watching your clothes videos on YT it is very much a you dress, you love a bit of shoulder detail dontcha! lol. Can we see a pic of you wearing it? Pleeeeeease xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I find this quite confusing and was wondering if u can give me some advise :/ i want to order from victorias secret but the shipping is quite expensive... have u ever ordered from them? If so would u recommend just paying for VS shipping to the UK? x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that's actually a really handy thing to know! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely dress!! Nice blog honey:))
    Plz check out my new site- http://www.chamberofbeauty.com/
    I'm following you....hope you follow me back:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been a Shipito customer for 1.5 years and I love their service. I made orders from Bluefly through them and once even returned shoes back to Bluefly. Glad you got that dress! There were several items in 2010 that I wanted so much but didn't get due to various reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh wow that's pretty cool. i hate international shipping costs.

    ReplyDelete